Ignite Leadership International™ empowers business professionals and business owners to engage others and achieve sustainable results through leadership development and change strategies. Our clients embrace, navigate and lead their own changes, balance ‘head and heart’ and create systems to create a more rewarding business and personal life.
Ignite Leadership InternationalTM fulfills its vision by providing on-line and in-person leadership development programs and products for business leaders, professionals and owners of small to medium sized businesses. In business today, change is fast and constant, and business leaders must balance competing priorities. Our client-centred approach and proven SPARK framework provide the foundation for our programs, products, tools and resources so YOU, our client, breaks through your obstacles, leads with more success and moves from the ordinary to the extra-ordinary.
Our More Than GreenTM Approach
Ignite Leadership International™ embraces a More Than Green™ approach in our business activities.
- We recognize the value of people, planet & profit as equally valuable facets to business.
- We recognize this effort is a work in progress and will conduct semi-annual reviews and report the steps we are taking.
- We will also communicate on our successes as well as our challenges.
How we do this:
Give back to those around us.
- We will donate at least 1% of our sales, up to $5000 annually, to our predetermined charities and non-profits.
- $2.00 from every Business Leadership Journal
- $5.00 from every Ignite Leaders Membership
- Volunteering for organizations or events in the communities where we work and live.
- Mentor, Women’s Enterprise Centre, 2010
- 2011 Grey Cup Festival Volunteer Orientation & Training Committee — Orientation Manual Lead
- 2011 Grey Cup Festival – Volunteer Viewing Room Coordinator
- Membership Committee Member, Burnaby Board of Trade 2009 – 2012
- Ambassador, Burnaby Board of Trade 2010 -2012
- Volunteer — Vancouver Golf & Travel Show 2011, 2012
- Guest Lecturer — Fairleigh Dickinson University 2012
- Connector — Access Program, Burnaby Board of Trade & Simon Fraser University, 2012
- Mentor – Fairleigh Dickinson University – Business Department, 2012, 2013
Embrace the value of each member of our team
- We have regularly referred members of our team who offer contracted services
- We have created joint venture opportunities where possible
- We recognize individual contributions as well as special occasions in the lives of each team member
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
We reduce our carbon footprint in travel by:
- Operating as a virtual office
- Using technology where possible to connect with and support our clients, and deliver our programs.
- Combine trips where possible to limit travel
- Smarter scheduling of face-to-face meetings
- Use transit where feasible
- Over 70% of our travel into the downtown core is taken using public transit
Reduce our energy use by:
- Upgrading our equipment regularly to energy-star rated models
- Turn off monitors when away from our desk
- Turn off lights and equipment when not in use
- Engage energy saving mode for computers when not in use
Reduce our use of paper
- We use recycled or sustainable products wherever possible
- Our major print products are printed using a CFC certified shop on paper with a minimum of 83% recycled content.
- We print double sided for most of our documents, unless otherwise requested or where not possible.
- Maintain less paper files and more electronic files
- All paper and cardboard products are shredded and recycled, as permitted
- All plastics are recycled, as permitted
- All electronics and batteries are recycled using charitable organizations who embrace sustainable methods.
- Office supplies are reused for internal use to maximize their life
- Equipment that is no longer required is donated
- Use reusable cups instead of disposable whenever possible